OUR GOAL FOR OVER 13 YEARS HAS BEEN TO STRIVE TO CONSISTENTLY SELL THE BEST 222K FEATHERWEIGHTS ANYWHERE.
Mechanically this machine is excellent. It runs quietly and sews a very nice stitch. It does however have a few cosmetic challenges.
- The decal in front of the throat plate is worn.
- The presser foot take up lever has worn chrome. It is very smooth but worn.
- There is a dent in the flip up bed caused by the face plate thumbscrew. It is very difficult to show the dent in a photograph but it does show in some of the photographs. There is a dent. The thumbscrew now has a bumper in place.
The Featherweight does run quietly and it sews a nice stitch.
The photographs are of the machine for sale.
The serial number of this Featherweight is EL179695. This dates the machine to March 2,1956.
We specialize in Singer Featherweights with a particular interest in the hard to find 222K Featherweights.
We offer for sale top quality 222K and 221 Featherweights as well as their attachments and accessories.
This 222K Featherweight is ready to sew upon arrival at the purchasers home. Just plug it in and play.
To see how we prepare our machines for sale see our blogs here.
Many consider the 222K Featherweight to be the ultimate in Singer sewing machine design and engineering. This is a wonderful example of the marvelous Singer Featherweight freearm sewing machine.
You will probably be buying only one 222K Featherweight: here is a machine to consider. Buying a Singer 222K Featherweight freearm sewing machine is a big investment so you should consider buying your machine from a proven Premier seller of 222K Featherweights.
If you are looking for a 222K Featherweight that is in excellent cosmetic and working condition, clean and ready to sew out of the box this is a candidate.
If you are a quilter or you sew and never had the privilege of owning a Featherweight 222K you should consider buying one now. They are a favorite sewing machine of quilters worldwide because they are reliable, compact, lightweight, versatile and let’s face it they are so darn cute.
Featherweights are notorious for being damaged while being shipped. It is very important that they be carefully and properly packed. It takes over an hour to properly pack a Featherweight for safe shipment. I have packed and shipped many Featherweights and have the experience to provide safe shipping. See our blog on how we pack our Featherweights for safe shipping here.
Delivery is by USPS Priority Mail / Canada Post Expedited Parcel.
All listings are in US dollars.
Please view my other Singer Featherweight items that I may have listed. Included are other 222K Featherweights, 221 Featherweights, colored Featherweights, their attachments /accessories plus other interesting Singer items.
OUR FINAL QUALITY CONTROL CHECKLIST.
1) Light bulb and light switch checked.
2) Foot control checked for range of speeds.
3) Electrical cords checked for any damage.
4) Bobbin winder tested. Bobbin wound.
5) Bobbin case tested for correct tension.
6) Upper tension tested and adjusted.
7) Sewing ability including reverse tested.
8) Sew/Darn lever checked.
9) Sample sewn including 90 degree corners.